Monday, June 22, 2009

The Start of It All

When we moved to Overland Park, Kansas, in 1972, I was given a set of quilt blocks by my neighbor. They were blocks that her mother had pieced many years ago. I put them together with plain blocks and borders. Ray and I always went to Arkansas twice a year to fish and each time there was always a jaunt over to Eureka Springs while we were there. That is such a neat little town in the Ozarks. Found a quilt shop there and made arrangements to bring the top down on our next trip to be quilted.
Here it is on our bed on Dearborn Street. The headboard is an old church window frame that a neighbor of ours in Topeka, Kansas, was going to use for kindling. His friend had taken the stained glass out of it. I asked him if I could have it and he gave it to me. A few years later after we had moved to the Kansas City area, I antiqued it and Ray put hardware cloth behind it. One of my favorite old things in my home.
(Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment