Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Quilts


This will be a blog devoted to the quilts I have made over the past 35 plus years even though most of them are on my other blog. I will start with the one that I am using in my header - it's called There's a Lady in the Corner and it is done in oriental fabric most of which has gold highlights. There is a little oriental girl in one corner piece, hence the name. I had this quilt longarm quilted at our local quilt shop and I was just thrilled at the way it was done. The quilting is lovely.


The arcs were all paper pieced and it was the second one that I did. Curved piecing was also scarey for me but I surprised myself and really enjoyed the task. When I was doing the blocks, I would put them up on some flannel and batting I rigged up on my basement wall and it was easy to move them around. I also put a tiny bit of folded red fabric in the seam between the quilt body and the border. The spot of color really adds a nice touch. This was done in the early 2000's - I am too lazy right now to look it up.



This is one of my favorite quilts that I have made. (Click to enlarge picture)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Is there somewhere I can find the pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete