Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Small Wallhanging from 1990

Here is a small piece I did in 1990 that is appliqued in machine satin stitch and hand quilted. The little blocks are about 6 1/2 inches. The house we lived in had brown carpeting and lots of blue - so things I did reflected the colors in our homes in the early stages of my quilting. Lots of dusty pink and blue.
These little blocks came from a book of miniature blocks that I had that was by Pat Andreatti. I still have that and also several big books that she did. I so loved her designs.

I was also starting to use decorative stitches for the vines and stems and they really worked out well in blocks like this. Makes me feel good to see the hand quilting that I did back in those days. (Click to enlarge)




1 comment:

  1. Carol what's the name of the book this pattern is in? I love this little quilt!

    ReplyDelete