Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Little Watercolor Wallhanging

Sometime after moving to Michigan, I took a watercolor class at the quilt shop and made this small piece. I really enjoyed doing the shading and think it turned out pretty well. This is one of my first machine quilted pieces. I really like the way the quilting radiates out from the center. My stippling in the border is pretty crude but it is done with the invisible thread so that helps a bit. All in all it isn't a bad little wallhanging. This was done probably in 1994. (Click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the way the small variation and shading of colors in this quilt appear to be a water coloring painting....a quilted water color painting :) This is a beautiful quilt. i am very envious of your talent and skill!

    ReplyDelete