Sunday, May 27, 2012

Some Very Old Wallhangings

It's been a long time since I posted on this blog.  Earlier this month, I took some pictures and did a post on Funoldhag about two very old wallhangings - clear back into the late 70's.  This would have been my first one and it is put together with a back and batting but not actually quilted.  I saw a similar picture in a magazine and liked it so this is my take on that picture.  Wow, the fabric we had to choose from back in those days was very limited, and my satin stitching did become much better over the years.  However, I do think this is kind of cute and it did hang in my kitchen in Overland Park for quite awhile. 
My satin stitching has improved here and I hand quilted this little hanging.  In several of my early pieces, I used cotton sateen and the quilting looks so pretty making shiny little indentations in the fabric.  Two of the blocks were from one of the first books I ever bought and no longer have.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello Carol, your work is amazing! I love the first quilt with the little houses :)

    warmly

    ReplyDelete