Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Vintage Skirt

This skirt was made sometime in the early 1980's. Back then, there just wasn't much in the way of pretty quilting fabric - just dots, calicoes and never any beautiful splashy, multicolored patterns. Even though my satin stitch was not very good back then, I really thought I had made something extra special. How I wish I were that small again! The idea was gleaned from this old book which I no longer have but was able to find it's picture on the internet. How cool is that? (Click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. That's skirt is the Bomb.com! So just a thought, maybe finding your waist size on the skirt and cut off the smaller part and add a follower for a ribbon or string waistband (no ekastic). I would wear that every week (maybe more)! You are an artist!

    ReplyDelete